Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Summation

Pretty sure I had this at least partially completed before coming to Clemson.

Should I channel my feelings
into something real enough to bother being named
let it take my breath away
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a spiraling notebook on a shelf in my closet
annotated in graphite is the shadow of my soul
nihilistic but whole and its been insured
but it's got nothing let to live for
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glass projected films on the ceiling
each and every dream is peeling
Can't you just keep them away
have them taped and chained
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A line of papers coat the floor
melted in the summer heat
the words worth writing
were hidden in the ink
So I crumble in the earth
my fate secured with the dirt
she wanted me a little early
and I'm just too lonely without her

0 comments: