Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reincarnation of a Madman

Wrote this, err, last week?

Why can't my madness make any sense
without the cents I paid for this recorder
While the tragedy of being me
lay lame in the distorted
message to the man on the dark side of the moon fishing for answers
we're fishing for answers
and on the times we get a tug
the questions have traveled on
dulled by all the fuss
and maybe we are too.
Too clouded with the "Truth"

Each moment dies with the birth of a new
why don't we ever mourn the loss
is it too fast to recognize?
Instead the switch contains a bliss from the unknowingness within

Change is on the way
and it doesn't give a shit for us
I try so hard to stave it off
but it still buries me in it's dust
after I arise, broken but alive
I am who I was
But I've never been the same
Why can't this madness make any sense
I don't want to feel afraid

0 comments: