Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December is Raucus (Third Song: How the Story Goes)

Third installment (of seven, yay!) for week one of my adventure. I have no idea how this month is going to turn out. I have this churning feeling that I might fail the week I head out for a vacation, *gulp*. Confidence is what is keeping me go. This song is a ukulele song. I kind of hope the song is self explanatory. (But I'll explain a little of what I was going for at the end for those who are curious)

How the Story Goes

I sing the greatest songs that I've ever heard
But I never write them, not a single word
My pencil's always far away, so there's nothing on my paper
I just convince myself I'll write it down later

But that's...How the story goes.
How it ends... Everyone knows.

Days pass me by in the blink of an eye
All that's left to do is sit here and cry
I've got nowhere to go no one left to see
My heart's been broken and my mind is on my sleeve

But that's...How the story goes.
How it ends...Everyone knows.

The last few lines are the hardest to write
Forcing us to stare blankly all night
Tears{or:Ideas} falling down like snowflakes in a flurry
Melting away from me in such a hurry

But that's...How the story goes.
How it ends...I don't really know.
{or:How it ends...How I wish I didn't know}




It is one of my stories of songwriting. The strain to put down in words what you're are feeling in your head is immensely difficult, especially when you are as limited in your vocabulary and line structure as I am. I guess its the three stages, I don't know. Maybe I'll make a second one later to really deepen my struggle with this. It's actually why I'm challenging myself like this in the first place. By writing so many songs, I'm bound to have a few I thoroughly enjoy and I will learn from everyone of them. I'm excited.

Two in one day, making the weekend easier :-D,

G'night all,
Mark

PS.
Chords (on the uke):
Verse:
G-Bm (per line)
Chorus:
A (up from G)
A7

0 comments: