Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December is Raucus (Second Song: Gotta Find a Way)

This is the second installment, first week. *Gulp*
This one is about my worries about passing this semester. I spent last night counting up all my grades to see what I needed to do to keep my scholarship and not get kicked out.

Gotta Find a Way

Finals a week away but I'm still awake in bed
Staring at the ceiling all these thoughts in my head
Counting numbers summing grade I gotta find a way
To get that A, so that I can stay

Glance at the Clock, its a quarter to three
Nine days more that I'll be free From all this
Counting numbers summing grades I have to find a way
To pass this class before I get forced back

I should have paid attention, I missed a few assignments
How was I supposed to know, I couldn't retry them Cause Now I'm
Counting numbers summing grades I gotta find a way
Learn what its all about before I get kicked out

I shouldn't worry this much, I'm only 18
I have a million days left to live a whole life left to dream
But I'm being pushed to do these things I don't enjoy
I know I'll never use this so, whats the point in
Counting numbers summing grades I gotta find a way
To get that A because I really want to stay.



I managed to make progress with the audio playing to. I am forcing myself to record all these both for prosperity and to ensure I'm actually writing lyrics instead of my lazy form of a poem with any rhythm.

Anyway, until tomorrow (or later to day if I'm feeling extra special)

Mark

0 comments: