Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Worth

Worth
Artists have their works on display
for everyone's awe and amaze-ment
Those Drawings and Paintings
Everyone understands what you're saying
Because pictures are worth
One thousand words

What about mine
What are my words worth to you

Searching for clarity
and trisyllabic parity
some consistency
in my soliloquies

But understanding
3
is not withstanding
And the completionist in me
Doesn't hold a candle to
The judgements you hold true

And as your gavel comes down
upon my chest bared
The world I designed, diminished
before its finished
And you don't seem to care

And while I search for clarity
in trisyllabic parity
find some consistencies
in my soliloquies
You couldn't care less
it lacks the syntax
it lacks the facts
it lacks everything
on your check list
"It doesn't make sense!"
"It's all just petty phrases"

0 comments: