Monday, February 7, 2011

Vicarious

I'm sure these will brighten your day.
/sarcasm
The lines separate the lyrics

The thing I hate about these is they are dishonest through their permanence. When I wrote them, I suppose I meant them. However, they are temporal and yet the printed words cling on for dear life, rejecting their evanescence for some semblance of a immortality or some such bullshit.

Vicarious
Your parables and anecdotes
are as close as I'll get to your feelings
You are open about what you see and what you've done
But not what you've become

I've been shunned by your thoughts
Locked out of your mind
And I think it's time
for a little honesty
Cause this secrecy is taking its toll
on me
I patiently await your story
------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't got a problem with you
In fact that couldn't be further from the truth
just the things you expect from me
To be honest, I've stop trying cause I'm not sure I can
take the way you think of me
I'm just an immature child to
there's so many things I should change for you
I am wasting away
I am wasting away

You want to shake me like I'm an etch-a-sketch
you hope that maybe I'll be clear of this mess
that you percieve in me
that you percieve in me

I will be able to start anew
like I was never here
these things that I've done
become petty and forgotten

I wish you would just take over me
I could live vicariously


My mind is a mess
of things I wish/ I didn't know
of places I wish/ I didn't go
And these memories infect my mind
And my dreams from time to time
Sometimes I wish I was insane
I didn't have half my brain
I wouldn't think straight
And I couldn't remember these things

I am a puppet without a master
A loose cannon, in need of a brake
If you could take the reins from me
this rabid bull inside my mind
So I can close my eyes and hide
just sit back, relax for the ride

would you take control of me
so I can live vicariously

0 comments: