Sunday, February 6, 2011

A poem

I wrote this for Inesse. I thought maybe you'd like to read it to? I dunno. I don't ever write poetry so this is likely a one of thing, but whatevs.

I'm projecting my thoughts
in terms no one can understand
I am Right, I am Wrong
I am whatever you want
Save me from your crass, from your callous
from your victory charades
Because honestly I don't give a damn what you say

Wait, that isn't what I mean
Calm down take a seat and listen,
to my story.
Please, Relax your defense.
I don't wish to fence with my swords or my words nor with my actions
For as sure as I sound in my allusions and conclusions,
they brought these contusions in my mind,
they wrought these repulsions in my ears.
And I fear I've become my own enemy.
From what I see, it's what I speak
that cause these fights, this sickening picketing between us.
I hold back my thoughts even though I know I should not,
Whether through fear or assumption
it's just wrongful presumption that I knew what you know, that I've thought what you think, that I've been what you are.
So I attempt to be coherent cohesive
sacrifice truth for hidden treatise that you saw through every time.
I am sorry for this and for before
where I was wrong and still fought more and more
in voice, in silence.
I beg you please. accept this apology.

0 comments: