Monday, March 23, 2009

The Story

This kinda came out more like a poem, but I like it anyway :). Sort of depressing I guess.

The Story - Me

I thought I'd write a song
to make all the wind blow.
A song of a story,
told a long time ago.

One where the old men
spend all of their time
searching and searching
with nothing to find

The young women look
to the skies for assistance
praying for some guidance
but it seems no one listens

The children laugh
and sing as they play
clueless to everything
around them astray.

And after all this time
the story's still the same
they all needed someone
but no one came
-----------------------
So we need to change
how this thing goes
we need to change
how thing will end

Now,
I've got a solution
that'll work for this
but I know you don't
believe this problem exists.

Just help me through
believe in me
and I'll change the world
like the wind in the trees.
---------------------------
Just talk to them baby
And see what they need
Some guidance, some direction
And they too will be free

Get to know the questions
And you will find
the problems that you're seeing
Aren't one of a kind

Don't worry girl
Just talk to us
You'll find people here
who you can trust.




E - G#/Abm - A - B
E - G#/Abm - A - E
E - G#/Abm - A - C#/Dbm
E - G#/Abm - A - E
E - G#/Abm - A - B
------------------
E5 - G#5 - E5 - A5
E5 - G#5 - A5 - B5

0 comments: