Sunday, October 2, 2011

Love

My heart is beating at the inside of my chest
It knows what's best It knows what's best
It wants to leave, I guess it thinks it would be better on its own
maybe it's right

and now my legs begin to shake from all this blood now in their veins
They want to run
They want to run
But they don't realise just how far away you are
They want to run They want to run
as words are ripped from my tongue
into truth found in stuttered prose
that I stumble through And you'll never know.
Those words were meant for you

I'm too afraid you'll take them to heart
Too afraid you'll finally understand:
there are nights that I can't sleep
because I know that in my dreams I will see
what I can't have
I don't think I could take another day awake
if I am forced to put on this face and pretend
but somehow I do it, again and again

0 comments: