Monday, May 2, 2011

Separation Anxiety

So this love for me you had I hope it falls in another's lap
after the three days it took to realise your mistake
of 5 months less a few more
and you want to make sure I'm okay?
What's with this silly joke you play?
Enjoy your freedoms, from my oppressive ways.
Enjoy your new life, now that everything's changed.
As for me I'll cling to this stage
while the actors take their bows and leave.
Here I'll stay.
Now that I feel so hollow
and the frogs in my throat ate the butterflies below;
I hope you enjoy your time alone

I used Scotch tape to keep my dreams in place
Hoping you'd replace them for a while
Now I know that I am not where you want to be
And it's not you, it isn't me
And there's no misunderstanding
so don't worry like I do
Don't worry like I do.
I guess I thought everything would be okay
But my love you escaped
I'm stuck trying to hold water between my palms
working out where we went wrong
But then I realise as I let the water touch my eyes
that this is just how it goes
People change or at least that's what they say
I think all along, we're just hiding who we are
from ourselves
And we spend so much time finding what we lost
But at what cost do we regain what was gone?
I hope this is worth it. I hope this is what you want.
Because darling you deserve it. Everything you've got.
Honestly I love you and it hurts to see you go.
But I know it would hurt more to use any means to force you to stay.

0 comments: